Monday, June 20, 2011

One or Two or Three Things (won't know how many until I finish)

1) Happy birthday to my wonderful sister-in-law. Kim, you are one of my favorite people on this planet. Mark is an amazinginly fantastic guy and deserves nothing but the best, and I'm very happy that you two found each other because I feel exactly the same way about you.
I'd have posted that on your Facebook wall where you are more likely to see it, but I haven't been on Facebook in a couple of weeks and see no reason to mess with the streak. Besides, putting it on the blog makes it official in Kevindom, whereas everything on Facebook- while permanent- is still unofficial.

2) Happy half-birthday Jillian! You are a rascally sweetie and I love you dearly.

3) And I love Erin dearly, too, and/or though she is not as rascally as her little sister.

4) All the most important stuff is out of the way. Here is the unimportant stuff.
A) I learned to make outlines, with numbered headings and lettered subheadings, way, way back in 7th or 8th or 9th grade, so I'm doing it now. Subheading 'A,' which, doesn't really fit in anywhere but is instead only devoted to this notion I had about outlining my notes, and which is extremely prolonged and not brief and concise as notes should be, and thus is not at all a good illustration of the art of good note-taking and which is in fact an example of very poor performance in this area, should be ignored.
B) I hit a few golf balls today. I did so yesterday, too. I'm still lousy, but my extended time away has given me hope that I may improve again. I strike the ball much better than I did a year or two ago. That doesn't surprise me, really. I went from decent to lousy very quickly, and then I couldn't find anything close to a decent swing again. I thought some time away might help, and it seems it has.
C) We won tonight, putting the Yogis back over .500. That's our Monday/Wednesday team. What's amazing to me is that we are now 4 and 0 without our starting shortstop. He is arguably our best player. He's a great guy, hits well, fields well, does everything right. And individually he is having a fantastic season. 1 error maximum and he's batting about .600. So I have no idea how we are 4-o without him and 2 and 5 with him. Makes no sense to me. But that won't prevent me from reminding him of it.

No comments: