Sunday, January 16, 2011


I listened to a lot of Paul Simon this week. Also, I have a bad cold. That should be enough explanation.

Hello Nyquil my old friend,
I'm going to guzzle you again,
Because mucus softly creeping,
Is keeping me from sleeping,
And the clogging is affecting my brain,
It will not drain,
And my cough is hacking.

In restless dreams I snort and moan,
And grunt and sneeze and groan,
I need it dark so I dim the lamp,
Blankets keep out the cold and damp,
Unshowered, I'm sure I am a ghastly sight,
I hope I make it through the night,
And my cough is hacking.

And in the naked light I saw,
Ten thousand Kleenex maybe more,
I can't breathe without wheezing,
I can't talk without rasping,
I'm full of germs that I really should not share,
So don't come near,
And my cough is hacking.
______________________________
Still two full verses to parody but eh, you get the idea.
I think it's pretty funny but I might be wrong. Is there alcohol in Nyquil?

4 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Is there alcohol in Nyquil? You wrote that and you have to ask? The word I have to write to post this is 'ration'....appropriate.

Kevin said...

For the record I haven't actually had any Nyquil since last night. I'm clean and sober. Well, sober anyway- that bit about not showering today was true.

Brian said...

I think you should submit this to Nyquil's marketing department. Sure it would ruin another classic song like so many commercials have done, but you'd be set for life. Either with money or free Nyquil.

Mark said...

Well done.

They Might Be Giants have a song called "AKA Driver" which was originally titles "Nyquil Driver" but they had to change. "Hey Nyquil driver, get out of my lane, get out of my lane!"