Sunday, January 23, 2011

*I had a bad cold, but I'm feeling quite a lot better now. Just a little bit of lingering crud.
However, this past week was pretty miserable. Last Sunday night I had such a nasty coughing fit that I strained a muscle in my rib cage. It was bad enough that for two or three days the only way it didn't hurt was if I lay flat on my back.
The biggest problem with that was the conflict with the fact that the only way I didn't cough a lot was if I was sitting straight up. It was my own little Middle-East crisis with no resolution.
Much like in geo-politics, I used various half-measures and compromises which satisfied no one and treated the symptoms instead of the underlying causes, and hoped the problem would go away.

*When I got up this morning I decided to check in on Facebook for a few moments and see what everyone has been up to. The little icons that show who else is on line showed that Dad was the only one. I'm pretty sure that means I got up too early on a Sunday morning.

*Friday night I was pedaling away on my exercise bike and watching a Planet Earth episode when Erin called to sell me cookies. For some reason, even though Kim's number is programmed in my phone the caller wasn't indentified, and I didn't recognize the number. The combination of the loud television, and my exercising and panting for breath made it quite an uphill challenge for someone with a quiet phone voice like Erin to identify herself. I said "hello" and "what" a few times, couldn't hear anyone distinctly, and so concluded by telling the caller she must have the wrong number.
So, sorry Erin. Some cookie customers are tougher sales than others, and I proved to be one tough cookie.

3 comments:

Brian said...

At least you didn't treat her like Elain treated Jerry's Nana.

Brian said...

forgot the 'e'

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Hope you're feeling better, and that you eventually bought those cookies.