Wednesday, June 23, 2010

We won in 8 innings. A fun game, and very hot.

But 8 innings? That's NOTHING! I'm watching a repeat of the still-unfinished Isner/Mahut tennis match right now on ESPN3. It's incredible. I've never seen anything like it. I've skipped way ahead because I really don't have 8 hours to watch tennis tonight, but I sure wish I did. It is must-see television.

The final set alone is longer than any Wimbledon match ever played in the previous 133 years, and it's not over yet. Unbelievable.
___________________
I just reached the end of the match(for the day). I skipped vast segments, but still watched quite a bit. I've really never seen anything I can compare with this match.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I think it's incredible that they have the stamina to play that long. We thought about coming to your game and leaving early, and dad thought it would be funny leaving early if your team was losing and he could say, "I'm not going to watch this!" Like you used to say if your team was losing. But it was so darn hot, and we headed straight to Comfy Cow to celebrate with Kim. Glad you won.