Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Does anyone care to know how to make a hot, hot day even more miserable?

A flat tire on I-64 works. That's really unenjoyable.

I screwed up not recognizing it earlier. It was my rear passenger side, so I generally won't see it in passing- I have to look for it.
And here is why I missed it, even though the car handled a little funny before I got on the interstate:
I got an oil change Saturday. Twice in the past, the oil change folks have screwed up replacing the splash shield under my car. They don't replace it correctly, and it comes loose. Each time, soon (once 1 day, once 2 weeks) after the oil change, I noticed a drag from the lose shield. It felt like a low tire, but each time it was increased drag from wind due to the hanging splash shield.
I noticed the same type drag this afternoon. Before the two splash shield incidents, I would definitely have thought 'low tire', but I now thought of the splash shield. I looked under the car and couldn't find anything loose, but figured I was overlooking it and would check it out further when I was home and more comfortably dressed.
Unfortunately, this time it was actually a low tire, which went flat soon after I hit the interstate.

Hot, hot, hot tire-changing weather, is all I can say.
_____________________________________________________________________
Another softball loss tonight. I only played the first inning. I did hit a double (a rocket off the fence is what it looks like in the scorebook, so I'll just pretend that's what it was) in my only at bat.
Jim arrived right at game-time and wanted to play. He'd been out all year injured, and now that he was available I knew he was really itching to get out there, so I offered to let him come in for me.
I spent the rest of the evening sipping beer and keeping the book, so the weather wasn't too bad.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Changing a tire is hot in nice weather. You have my sympathy. I know that was a hot job. I changed one about 2 months ago on I-65. Changing a tire on the interstate at any time is no fun.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Sounds miserable.