Monday, March 15, 2010

This Date In History

On March 15, 44 BC, Julias Caesar was stabbed to death by a mob of angry senators.
"Beware the Ides of March?" That dude should have said, "Yo, Caesar, beware of a bunch of dudes hiding knives in their togas!"
That would have been much more helpful.

Interestingly, recent anthropological work has led to the belief that Caesar's anonymous seer is in many respects the 'father' of the lucrative modern astrology trade. His warning- vague to the point of uselessness and yet- or therefore- amazingly apt, is now the model followed by all modern seers and astrologists.


I'll probably read a little of the play tonight, now that I'm in the mood. But not until I've enjoyed my low-brow entertainment of "Chuck" and "The Big Bang Theory."

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I've told you before you're potato/potahto; tomato/tomahto; may go for scallops, then go for lobsters type person - which is what I see in your blog this evening. Interesting. (although I've not used these words)