Friday, November 27, 2009

I'm a perfect six-for-six aganist the spread on this season's UK football picks, but there will be no Big Blue football game prediction this week.
Though I've devoted my usual 14 hours (or more accurately, 6 minutes)to handicapping the Big Blue game and as usual I have run all the numbers through my custom handicapping program on the super computer, I will be unable to publish the result.
I apologize for this failure. It is due to some sort of glitch in the software, I'm sure, but I have as yet not succeeded in fixing the glitch. I've run the numbers again and again and again, and each time the results say I should take Tennessee and give the three points.
There's obviously a problem somewhere if my numbers say to take the Vols. I mean, when was the last time they won this game, anyway?

In desperation I consulted another source, one that has proven infallible in the past. Ten times I asked the question "Will Kentucky beat Tennessee tomorrow?"
Answer 1 was "Ask again later."
Answer 2 was "Definitely."
Answer 3 was "No way."
Answer 4 was "Maybe."
Answer 5 was "Definitely."
Answer 6 was "Definitely."
Answer 7 was "Definitely."
Answer 8 was "No way."
Answer 9 was "Absolutely."
Answer 10 was "My sources say no."

So: five positives, 3 negatives, 2 non-committals.

____________________________
The folks at the Kentuckysportsradio.com blog have done their usual terrific job. A couple of my favorite lines for the day...
Description of basketball coaches Bruce Pearl and Pat Summitt (with accompanying great photos): " Two of Tennessee’s most famous cheerleaders: One is built like a burly old man with a hairy chest, that creepily hits on women, drinks heavily, and should never be photographed topless. The other is Bruce Pearl."
and
Scouting report on recently arrested player: "No, that’s not a touchdown the officials are signaling for. Jackson is just holding them at gunpoint."

No comments: