Saturday, November 14, 2009

Latest Wagering Exploits, or...

(alternative title)
How I Learned To Stop Winning But Keep About Breaking Even

My bulging account balance has been burning a hole in my cyberpocket; I've placed bets on about eight or nine races this week.

I lost about $25 total Sunday through Thursday.

Friday I bet on two races and came out a whopping $5.80 ahead. One horse I especially liked- was quite excited about, really- was 6/1 morning line odds and won, but his odds dropped to 7/5. I guess everyone else saw the same thing I did.

Today after work I scouted some races as I watched football. I eventually found a race I liked and won $25. That encouraged me to bet another, which in turn led me to give back six of my recently won dollars.

Factoring in the wagering fees I'm about $3 behind since Saturday. This high stakes gambling is heady stuff, but at $3 per week I guess it beats the garbage on television. Except for "Heroes" and "The Office," of course.

And I'm actually following my old familiar pattern. Twice a year- Derby and Breeders Cup- I make a lot of bets for a couple of weeks and then kind of forget about it.
If I know me- and I don't- I'll go on a cold streak, lose $40 or so over a week and a half, and then not bet on a race until Keeneland reopens in the spring.

No comments: