Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Books and Movies

I went out to Half-Price Books Sunday and was excited to see the 20% off Labor Day sale. I decided I would browse the music, movies, and books and try to find quite a few purchases. My goal was 4 books, 2 DVDs, and 2 CDs.

I must not have been in the right mood, though.

First, I only found 1 book that really interested me. I''ve just started Gregory Maguire's "Lost." I've read 3 or 4 others of his and I have high hopes.

I didn't get any music, but I bought two DVDs. I bought "Memento," which I've seen before and which seemed like a good movie to own. It's interesting, and it seems like the kind of movie that might reveal some missed details with repeated viewing, plus it's a good one to loan to friends. I also bought "28 Days Later." I just recently told Dad it was the only really scary movie I've seen in quite a few years. I'm hoping my brothers and I can watch it as part of a double-or-triple-feature Halloween-type movie night.

1 comment:

Brian said...

If I borrow any of them, you'll have to leave me a "Memento" so I can remember to return them to you "28 Days Later." Unless, of course, they end up "Lost."