Thursday, August 20, 2009

The WORST Kind of Dream

This seems to happen to me 5 or 6 times a year, and I always hate it. A lot.

I dreamt I overslept. In my dream I woke up, snug and comfortable and lazing in bed, then suddenly recognized the bright daylight. I looked at the clock and saw that it was 9:30 already and I was very late for work. I jumped out of bed and rushed around to get ready, and nothing was going right.
As tends to happen in dreams, things were out of order...I was in the car rushing, then I was back turning off the shower and realizing I had no towel- my towels weren't all in the hamper or closet, they were non-existent. I cursed, then resorted to drying with a tee shirt. Then I was rushing out the door and back to the car again.
Then I woke up- for real- and checked my alarm clock. That happens a lot, and sometimes it can be a really nice feeling because I see I have an hour left to sleep. Few things are better.
This morning when I looked, though, it was 5:58. There wasn't a lot I could do with those 2 minutes.

1 comment:

Bad Bob said...

I've had that dream before, too. Wake up late and nothing seems to go right.