Thursday, June 4, 2009

Jim and I have recently discussed playing one last round at Bellarmine. When we go I'll give you a call, Brian.

Your post got me thinking about the number of times I bicycled over to the golf course as a kid. Then I got to thinking about all the stops that used to be on my daily summer-time itinerary. For some reason, I envision it sort of like one of those stupid Family Circus frames that shows Billy or Jeffy wandering all around the neighborhood.
So here it is. Click to enlarge.


I left out Cherokee Park, which would frequently have been littered with my little black dots. It was omitted both because I grew weary of cartography and because the picture was big enough already. Keeping it well-proportioned would have meant adding quite a lot more.

I hope I don't owe Bil Keane a royalty.
)))
Oh yeah, and speaking of wandering around the neighborhood, here's one more thing:

A few days ago I was driving west on Bardstown Rd, nearing the Gardiner Lane Shopping Center, when I saw a guy wearing a fluorescent tee-shirt and pulling a wheeled suitcase across the street at the Bardstown/Brighton intersection.
I was still a couple of blocks from him when he crossed so I couldn't see him very well, but with that outfit and the suitcase he reminded me a lot of a certain childhood neighbor.
With good reason, as it turns out, because it was him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Beaver kids too.
QMM