Friday, June 5, 2009

I picked up some ribs from Famous Dave's for lunch today. While waiting at the carry-out counter I was looking at all the pictures and junk hanging from the walls.

One picture features steaks on a charcoal grill. It's a 1960's scene, with a close-up of an Opie-like boy who is very excited because his steak is about to go on the grill. His June Cleaveresque mother is in the background. It is all very Norman Rockwell. I've never seen Mad Men, but I assume that's the kind of ad they create.

The only problem with the whole scene is that the grill has no grate. The steaks are sitting directly in the charcoal.

Weird. I assume this was done for some advertisement-impact, artistic reason, but I bet those steaks would taste awful.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, as your mom, she said she lived in a Leave it to Beaver type household. I betcha she knows.
QMM

Anonymous said...

Hey and another thing. What about Lady Godiva?
QMM