Friday, May 1, 2009

An Official Pick, Now With Money On It and Everything: I Want Revenge


I have placed my Derby wagers, plus the first four races. Hopefully, four is enough to definitely cover what I might miss while at work.

As usual I don't have the cash to make the good, big bet I'd like. Or maybe I have the cash, but not the willingness to part with it.

I didn't mind leaving out Friesan Fire at his current low odds, though he seems quite capable. Leaving out Dunkirk scares me, but I did it anyway. I didn't like the way Quality Road shrugged him off in the Florida Derby, and the blog chatter includes a lot of talk about how he's lost weight since that race and looks tired. But it still scares me because he looked impressive on youtube.

Omitting Papa Clem and Regal Ransom was also not easy.

I wish twinspires offered the 10 cent superfecta for Churchill. That would make it a lot easier.

For my superfecta wager I ended up throwing all my eggs into one basket with I Want Revenge on top of a complicated variety of others. I didn't have the (willingness to part with) funds for anything else.

I skippped the trifecta.

For my exacta I boxed Hold Me Back, I Want Revenge, Pioneerof The Nile, and Desert Party. Hold Me Back was a late addition. I think he was the best horse in the Bluegrass Stakes, and I felt like I had to include the top horse in that race.

Win bets on I Want Revenge and Desert Party.
There. Now it's recorded for posterity so when I win everyone will believe me.

No comments: