Saturday, May 2, 2009

Why oh why is my horse dead? Couldn't that Chrysler have hit me instead?

What a beating I took today. I was holding my own until the Derby, but that race sure put a dent in my gambling bankroll.


Oh, now I see what went wrong! I loaded the picture upside down the first time! Here is my actual Derby selection.


Actually, my horse getting scratched really screwed me up. I handicapped the whole race by picking an order at each quarter mile, and when I Want Revenge scratched I knew I was in trouble. I recognized it would change the whole race, and I didn't have time to redo it. But I still wouldn't have picked Mine That Bird. There were at least 6 races on the card today in which I would not have picked him.

Oh well. I'll keep using the same strategy. It's the third year I've done it and I've been reasonably accurate predicting the race stages, and over the last three years I'm still not down too much on the Derby, even with a zero today.

No comments: