Monday, January 26, 2009

Snow obsession

Wave 3's website actually has a live blog for our anticipated 4" blizzard. I couldn't resist clicking on it. There are actually quite a few people on there right now...at least 5 hours before the anticipated storm's arrival.


One of the best pieces of advice I've ever heard is (I'll use quotation marks, but due to my faulty memory I am more likely paraphrasing) "Weather should be either celebrated or ignored. Complaining about the weather is the most egregious waste of time imaginable."

So to you weirdo snow-celebrators: congratulations.
To you snow complainers: Tough. Get over it.
As for me, I'm going to ignore it.

3 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

We'll see how much ignoring you're doing when you're scraping those windows tomorrow morning.

Kevin said...

I changed the bulk of this post after finding the Wave Live Blog. I thought it was funnier than my original commentary, and I wanted to keep the entry short.

Brian said...

I read some of the comments on the blog, too. "Hey John B., much snow will I get on my driveway in Waddy Peytona?" It must be the same person who called and asked if Ritchie Farmer was going to play and how many points he'd get.