Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Successfully Ignoring the Weather

Ignorance is bliss

As planned, I ignored the weather all day. I got up 45 minutes earlier than usual-just for the heck of it. It was lucky I did, because the roads were bad. I have no idea why.

Oddly, a lot of people didn't come to work today. Must be a bug going around.

Before I could drive home I had to chip a lot of ice off my car. I don't know what caused the ice to form- perhaps I should have the car's air conditioner checked.

Now I'm trying to watch Monk on Hulu.com and otherwise enjoy a quiet evening at home. But strange noises and lights keep disturbing the quiet. People walking outside make odd crunching noises, and cars keep sliding as they turn the corner which I can see out my window. Every so often I hear a bang-almost like a transformer blowing-and my lights flicker on and off.

Weird. I wonder what causes that?

.

1 comment:

Brian said...

it must be terrorists. I bet they have a freeze ray now. I wish I had a freeze ray...