Sunday, November 9, 2008

Today's Hike


I took a walkabout through Iroquois Park.

It was a lot of fun, by crikey! I was attempting to photograph the elusive North American Pothead (cannabis doofus). No bloody luck, but I enjoyed myself anyway.



I didn't manage to encounter much wildlife- only birds and squirrels, until near the end of the hike. That's when I came across this beautiful and dainjeruus snake. It's venom is known to render a grown man incoherent, unable even to drive a car. Cobras were nearly extinct in these parts at one time, but the combined efforts of the Sierra Club, the EPA, and local liquor stores have really helped them recover.

Isn't she a beaut? This one's fairly small, but still packs a wallop. I've seen some that have grown to as much as 40 ounces.

I caught a pothead's scent here. But it got spooked and vanished into the brush (actually, a 1991 Dodge Charger) before I could photograph it.

No comments: