Monday, November 10, 2008

Pakulak'd!

I just checked Kentuckysportsradio's blog and read about Glen Pakulak's Saints' debut. I'll never understand how he couldn't make a roster the last 5 years.

At UK he absolutely boomed his punts, and though he's built like, well, a punter, he loved making tackles. I believe he secretly prayed for the return man to break loose so that he could make the hit himself.

Unsurprisingly, his debut was solid. Here are some comments on a Saints' fan forum. The thread was titled "Pakulak is a beast!"

"How ya like dem apples?! A 56 yard punt, and the punter makes the tackle too!"
"Thats good that he kicked 56 yards, but its bad if hes going to have to make tackles for us, real bad. But Razor is right, it looks like our coverage team was very unprepared for that kind of punt"

According to the kysportsradio posters, the return man was Harry Douglass. Nice bonus that he tackled a former Card. And one of them said his line was probably "You just got Pakulak'd!"
______________________________

And on a completely different topic: I made some delicious soup tonight.
Last night I stopped at Paul's for an onion, which was the only ingredient I forgot at the grocery. Since that was all I bought, I slipped it into my jacket pocket on the way home. Then I forgot it was there until this morning when I got to work.

I got a funny stare and a couple of comments from colleagues when I arrived at my desk and pulled an onion out of my pocket.

No comments: