Friday, November 14, 2008

UK basketball and football

I told Brian Kentucky would easily handle the VMI Keydets.

Down 20 just seven minutes in, I still thought Kentucky would own the rest of the game.

But they never stopped playing stupidly. Not yet, anyway. They are down 16 with 11 minutes to go. To me, it seems to be entirely a product of playing precisely the way VMI wants them to; reckless and undisciplined.

They should learn a lot from this. And they still might win tonight. It doesn't seem entirely unlikely.
_______________________________________________

UK vs Vandy football on national television. No wonder it's supposed to snow, since Hell's freezing over. In honor of the big event, I'm trying out a new prediction method. Here goes:

The most points I can realistically see Kentucky scoring tomorrow is 38.
The fewest is 7. Mid-point prediction = 23.
The most I can see Vandy scoring is 34.
The fewest is 0. Mid-point prediction is 17.

So 23-17 Kentucky. Completely scientific, in a Bible-belt kind of way.

1 comment:

Brian said...

I think I said Kentucky might lose tonight. And I recall you saying they wouldn't. I just didn't think UK would score 103 and still lose. Ugly, Ugly, Ugly. Michael Porter has lost his starting job to Liggins though.