Friday, October 10, 2008

Game prediction

Gamblers take note: I have a perfect lifetime record (for the life of this blog, anyway) predicting both winners and point spread winners. I'm 2-0 on both counts.

I don't imagine my record will stay perfect forever, but I expect it will stay pretty good- mostly because I'll avoid making picks on a lot of games.

Not this one, however.

The current line on the UK-South Carolina game has the Gamecocks a 2 1/2 point favorite. Ridiculous.

The argument is supposedly that Kentucky hasn't played anyone, other than their loss at Alabama.

My argument is that the Wildcats have handled the cupcakes exactly as they are supposed to. Take away a rough first quarter at 'Bama (and I have no problem doing so, because I can forgive a team with a new QB and green skill position players for being temporarily shell shocked in their first SEC road game) and Kentucky has outscored their opponents 140-25 in 19 quarters. That seems okay to me.

South Carolina only beat Wofford (owners of a nice 38-37 OT win over Georgia Southern) by 10. They only beat UAB (1 and 6 record) by 13. They crushed NC State way back in August. Since then, their points-scored vs. points-allowed is mediocre, at best.

Even the Gamecock cheerleaders are supporting the Cats.

No comments: