Saturday, October 11, 2008

oops

Anyone who made wagers based on my predictions is advised to contact your nearest federal government for an emergency bailout.

4 South Carolina turnovers.
4 missed South Carolina field goals.

1 more South Carolina win over Kentucky.

I promise that this season I will never again say "this might be the game Kentucky shows some life on offense." Watching Mike Hartline play QB is like watching Michael Porter play point guard. Painful.
I knew the Wildcats were in trouble when they came up empty after the third turnover. A 7-7 tie after three SC turnovers was not a good sign. And then the only reliable receiver gets hurt.
I figured out that the only way to watch a UK on offense is to close my eyes and hope for the best. It looks like that's what the players on the field do, too.

Two for 16 on third down conversions won't win anything. Six yards per completion won't either, unless you complete about 85%. Less than three yards per carry hurts a little as well. How did Kentucky get 17 points?

When I saw Lorenzen and Abney on the sideline I was praying for someone to sneak them into uniforms.

My one positive comment: that interception and TD by Lindley was one of the sweetest interceptions I've ever seen.

No comments: