Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Roonil Waslib and softball and book

1) I really enjoy the videos I've had up for a day or two. The top one's a song I'd wanted to hear for quite some time. It's originally by Draco and the Malfoys, but on all their youtube videos the lyrics were fairly garbled. Roonil's were pretty clear. I must be a nerd- I enjoy Harry Potter novelty songs.

The second video is from a fantastic Angel episode. I thought Angel was a good series, but not close to as good as Buffy. But the Smile Time! episode was A-1 entertainment. Evil puppets! How could it not be good?

As usual I arrived home after 11:00 but too wound up to sleep, so it's a good time for a post. So here's the quick softball recap:

2) We won 21-19. We're now 6 and 1 in the fall league, and thanks to close wins and a 15-run loss have only outscored our opponents by 5 runs overall (we checked).

I keep volunteering to come out of games, and keep nearly regretting it. One of our stated goals in the fall is to use this league to give playing time to guys who sit a lot in the summer, but since we're doing well we keep putting that goal on the back burner.

But I keep that goal in mind, and twice lately I've offered to leave the game when we had double-digit leads. We've won each game, but by 1 and 2 runs, respectively. And both times I've had no trouble imagining how my benching really hurt us.

I'll keep offering, though. Because I'm a superstar with a heart.

3) I'm reading Dan Brown's "Angels and Demons." As I suspected, it's one of those real page-turners that's going to leave no impression. It's suspenseful and I want to see how it turns out, so I'm reading it intensely. But I'll forget it all in a month or less.

It's a lot like an episode of Law and Order. And I now refuse to watch Law and Order, because when I watch a little I always want to watch the rest to see how it ends. In the end, though, I always think, "Okay. That was alright, I guess. But not that great, and I could have been in bed 20 minutes ago."

I

No comments: