Sunday, September 7, 2008

Game recap

Kentucky showed pretty much what I expected tonight, and pretty close to what I was hoping for-but not quite.

*The running game still disappoints me, but I think it's improving and will be solid.

*UK's defense really is quite good. Norfolk State was much smaller than Louisville, but their QB, a couple of receivers, and main running back were very fast. They were enough of a test to show me that UK's team speed on defense is much improved.

*Randall Cobb can be one heck of a quarterback. He screwed up some, but his game management was pretty good for a true freshman. He showed a good arm, nice touch, and great running ability.

*Scouting report on Beth's tailgating ability: she makes great sandwiches, parties strong early, and cheers enthusiastically, but her post-game celebrating needs work. Still, I'd think Coach Brian is pleased with her debut performance.

*Norfolk State has the most entertaining marching band I've ever seen.

Finally, one quote:
— “All the highlights on our pre-game tape were defense from the last game….well Myron’s run was 90% of the tape because it took so long.”- Dicky Lyons Jr.

1 comment:

Guillermo said...

That was one hell of an ugly game, especially for a Cardinal fan. By the way the Office is awesome, when is the season premier?