Saturday, August 30, 2008

Sarah Palin

First, it's frightening to me that 72-year-old John McCain would entrust the vice-presidency to Sarah Palin. Incredibly, mind-bogglingly frightening on many levels.

Second, it sure is a great idea for a sitcom plot, though! I saw lots of possibilities as soon as I thought of it- sort of a higher-stakes Benson. Think about it! She has 5 kids, aged 1 to 20, which is great for all kinds of plot lines, from babysitting to dating. He husband races snowmobiles! If that doesn't scream UPN hit, I don't know what does.

I've added a new link to my link list. Someone sure moved fast. It's a faux Sarah Palin blog that had me in stitches.

a sample post:
"Getting Less Fun =-(
OK, this is getting hard now. Mr. McCain never said anything about Iraq! I mean, hes said stuff about it, or so that guy Steve just called to tell me, but he never said anything about it to me. And we talked for, like, a whole ten minutes at the fair. Worse, Alaska turns out to not be near Iraq (I always thought Iraq was closer than Russia. weird, right?). And so now im, like, CRAMMING, and it's like high school, only Todd's a bit fatter (JK honey!!!). I keep asking Mr. McCain's people to explain to me why were in Iraq, and they keep trying, but it doesnt really make any sense, and so now im worried theyre all going to think im stupid because i dont understand. And we cant leave, either, but they refuse to even tell me why not. This sucks :(:(:(:("

No comments: