Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Football and teen pregnancy


Sure, those topics belong together. What do you think teenagers do after the Friday night game?

First, the teen pregnancy. Sarah Palin is getting a lot of credit-both for her daughter getting knocked up and for the decision to keep and raise the baby.

I'm not sure she should get that much credit (or blame) for either. I wouldn't think she played a very big role in the fertilization process. But you never know.

And I would hope the decision to keep or not keep the baby was also her daughter's to make. But I have my doubts about that as well. And that scares me. I'll never know, it's none of my business, and there's no real reason to suspect it, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if the daughter had no desire to keep the baby or to get married, but is being pressured into both.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On to football.

Since we discussed it, and Brian brought it up on his blog, I did some digging.

1) The last opponent to not score a touchdown against Kentucky was LSU on October 16, 1999. Kentucky won 31-5.

2) The last opponent who managed no offensive points against Kentucky was Vandy on November 16, 1996. Kentucky won 25-0. UK also shut out IU that season, 3-0.

3) The last opponent other than IU or Vandy who's offense did not score? In 1993 UK shut out Kent and Mississippi, and allowed only a field goal to East Carolina.

No comments: