Thursday, July 17, 2008

Politics

I listened to President Bush's press conference yesterday and kept thinking to myself, as I invariably do, "What a jackass."

Democratic 'leaders' are finally coming closer to saying the same thing.

For 7 1/2 years the only thing that has come close to frustrating me as much as Bush and his bass-ackwards policies is the snivelling political cowardice of the supposed opposition party.

Now, finally, about 7 years after it could actually have done some good, they're poking their heads out of their shells to see if the coast is clear.

Therefore, this seems like an appropriate occasion to say thanks a lot, guys (and gals). Your nearly complete lack of fortitude and your fanatical devotion to selfish political expediency has truly been an inspiration.

1 comment:

Mark said...

You know, he's really good with kids and his dog loves him.

Even beyond his actions as president, I have a very shallow response to him. I try to dismiss it, to isolate it and neutralize it because it's not far removed from bigotry or sexism...but still, I have to own up to it. He just comes across as such an idiot through his body language sometimes. The combination of the way he talks and his body language regularly makes me cringe.

On an unrelated note, I would comment a lot more on your and Brian's blogs, but I almost never log on to Blogspot at work anymore, and I'm not on the computer at home all that much. I read your blogs avidly!