Tuesday, July 22, 2008

First of two posts. Second will be softball. Anyone surprised?.

I want to amend my Greg Norman comments.

I think my aversion is less to Norman and more to the media's treatment of him. I actually listened to the ABC guys mention- in the same 10-minute segment between commercials- that Greg Norman and Chris Evert had a $2 million wedding, and that Norman's golf career had been unlucky.

Really? There's no firm reason at all for me to dislike the guy. I really did always think he was an ass. But I think I was also influenced this weekend by some resentment, resentment which was fueled by stupid commentators.

The guy won two majors, is filthy rich by any standards- he sold his used yacht to the owner of Blockbuster Videos and the Miami Dolphins, for God's sake, and his new second marriage (the $2 million wedding) is to a famous tennis hottie.

Yep, golf has been very unkind to the poor bastard. He should have gone into accounting or chemistry or something. He'd have been much happier.

Anyway, my apologies to the guy I believe is a jerk. He probably doesn't deserve my scorn, and I hope my negative vibes haven't ruined his probable $5million honeymoon.

No comments: