Monday, August 8, 2011

Softball and Medical Update

Not much news on the medical update. Knee generally feels better but not great, and it's making too much noise with movement for me feel splendid about it. Sounds like a bowl of Rice Krispies at times. But the anti-inflammatory has helped.
I had an MRI Saturday but I don't know the results yet, other than that it cost me a lot of money.

We won tonight. I played- very poorly. Worst I've hit the ball all year. And I run like a turtle. I thought I was slow before, but a gimpy slow guy is much, much slower than a healthy slow guy.
I did make a terrific perfect throw on a short-to-third-to home double-play, though. I threw off my back foot and leaning the wrong way, right over the runner's shoulder and into the mitt for the tag. I was proud of it.

And on to the most important thing... we kicked butt on the 1st day of the Sunday tournament, taking care of business in our first round match-up and then knocking off the previously undefeated number 1 seed. Our pitcher the 2nd game walked a couple of guys in the 1st inning but then pitched a very good game. Personally, though, I give all the credit for that to the veteran replacement catcher who took over in the 3rd inning. He was a highly skilled, very smart ballplayer, and quite handsome, too.

4 comments:

Brian said...

That young, thin first baseman that played every other inning in the first game was handsome, too. Is that his just as strikingly handsome twin brother who pitched in the second game?

Bad Bob said...

Is the really slow crippled guy any relation?

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

You guys are humble and modest, too.

Kevin said...

I've always said we're the most humble, modest people around. I say it all the time. never tire of bragging about it, in fact.