Thursday, July 21, 2011

Keep Your Eyes On The Ball

or something like this might happen.



I got this one Sunday while trying to receive a throw from the outfield. I took about 2 steps (from 3rd toward the mound) in order to reach the ball, but the baserunner slid by me and blocked my view at just the wrong time. The ball hit me on the fly, shin high.
It smarted.
It didn't look too bad Monday night, but it was colorful enough by today (Thursday) that it merited a picture.

It's not particularly painful, though I am aware of it when I'm on my feet. Also, I am less a fan than ever before of sock sizes. As the owner sized 11 1/2 feet, I've never liked that socks come in sizes such as 8 to 12 or 9 to 12 because the size ranges always leave my feet on the too-tight end of the spectrum. Add swelling to that and they really start to squeeze.

2 comments:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Ouch!!! hugs from your mom.

Bad Bob said...

I've had a few from softball that looked very much like that. They seem to take a little while to completely go away.