Thursday, October 28, 2010

Under "Popular search topics" on my home page I saw "Chaplin time." I had no idea what it referred to, but I was curious so I searched it.
It turns out some doofus watching a 1928 Chaplin film spotted someone in the film who looked like they were talking on a cell phone. Mr. Doofus, of course, reached the obvious conclusion that it was a time traveller.



Obviously.
And I have to admit I would try to do the same thing. I mean, if I found myself in 1951 I would certainly try to work myself in as a background extra in On The Waterfront or something. Because that would be cool.

Two questions, Mr. Doofus.
1) Did he bring his own signal towers?
2) Are there roaming charges, or what?

Mr. Doofus is either just plain insane, or insanely stupid for believing it, or insanely brilliant for coaxing me into watching his stupid Youtube clip and even posting about it.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

I pretty sure that before cell phones were invented no one ever held anything up to their ears. Maybe it was a 'shoe phone'.

Brian said...

Mystery Solved

http://www.roger-russell.com/sonopg/sonoha.htm