Friday, October 8, 2010

Can the Cats Score A Knockout?



Your Big Blue handicapper puts it all on the line this week and answers "Maybe."

I would be unwilling to wager on this game at the six point spread. That's a pretty strong vote of confidence when compared with my compatriots in Wildcat Nation, who seem almost universally pessimistic.

But I'm laying my official blogging handicapper credentials on the line and saying if forced to choose I'd take Kentucky and the points. My ultra-scientific analysis keeps leading me to a 31-31 tie score, so I'd say taking the six is the way to go.

______________________________________________

What has Kevin been up to, you ask?
Very little, I answer.
I have done nothing really interesting since the short golf trip. That's fine by me, for the moment at least. My post-softball season free nights have been spent taking walks, reading, hitting a few golf balls (my 'found' swing still wanders away sometimes; perhaps my golf game is suffering from dementia), and watching college football. Very boring and yet I'm not bored.

Tonight I've done a fair amount of internet reading about General Pershing. Fascinating guy- and I had no idea the nickname Black Jack had such an ugly source.

Last night a little after eleven o'clock I heard a couple of emergency vehicles race by. Then a couple more. Then a couple more. I was curious enough to walk outside and look around, but didn't see anything.
Turns out they were probably responding to the airplane that landed on the Watterson. That would explain it.

No comments: