Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Uh, thanks...

Tonight I dove and cleanly fielded a hard ground ball on the 3rd base line. Stilll a hit- the throw while sitting on my butt didn't have enough on it to get the guy out.
The next inning, the guy who hit it comes out to coach 3rd base and says "That was a hell of a play. When I hit it I thought I had a double all the way. I didn't think an old guy like you had a chance on that ball."

Just what everybody longs to hear on their 39th birthday.

We lost by a bunch of runs. I played poorly, as did the rest of my team. And for the record, I was only our 4th oldest player tonight-though every one of our players was older than their youngest. But if we get them again in the league tournament I would gladly put money on us.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

39 really, really, really is not old. Really, really, really...... (I can't believe I had to look in the dictionary to see if I spelled really correctly - it just looked funny) Sounds like a good ballgame.