Sunday, May 2, 2010

Apparently, I picked the wrong horse.

I didn't think the 4 looked very fast. Guess I was wrong.

Yet again I suffered just about nothing but losses. Derby weekend is really a drag, except for all the fun.

I was bummed about my losses until I remembered two things. Or actually, until I remembered one thing and realized I could not remember another thing.
First, I recalled what I always think to myself when I deposit money in my wagering account. I always remind myself that the deposited money is as good as gone- it's to be listed under 'entertainment expenses' already spent, I have to assume I'll never see it again, and the only things yet to be determined are how much entertainment it is and how long it lasts.
Second, I realized that my last deposit was $150 (raising my account total to about $151 at the time), that even after this weekend I still have about $200 available, and that I had deposited the original $150 so many months ago that I can't even remember exactly when it was.
So it's lasted a good long while, I'm still ahead since that deposit, and the $200 should last me a whole lot longer now that I've weathered the annual Derby fiasco.

And it was still lots of fun.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

I like the way you think...makes sense.