Friday, April 2, 2010

100% Guaranteed Sporting Predictions*

A big day in basketball and horse racing, so here are my picks.


1) Butler over Michigan State. This is really a shot in the dark. These are two very evenly-matched teams and I expect a close game. So close that I wrote "Butler over Michigan State, deleted and reversed it, and then deleted and reversed it again. I am that confident.
2) Duke over West Virginia. The 1-3-1 will not work against Duke. 1-3-1 zones in general are just lousy. It might work sometimes, but usually only because the defenders are better than their opponents, in which case man-to-man and 2-3 also work, so it doesn't matter what style the defense chooses. Or they work against teams like Kentucky that don't pass crisply in their half-court offense and don't shoot well. Neither is a fault of Duke's.

3) Wood Memorial: Eskendereya is my likely winner. No value there, but his 3/5 win ticket will pay more than the losers- one of which will probably be me, because I'll try to beat him with Awesome Act.

4) Illinois Derby: Yawanna Twist is my tepid favorite.

5) Santa Anita Derby: I like Alphie's Bet, again tepidly. I think I'll do a 4-horse exacta box in this one with Alphie's Bet, Setsuko, Lookin At Lucky, and Caracortado.

*Guarantee void if predictions incorrect
_________________________________________
6:15 pm Saturday update:
I really should have published my Ashland Stakes picks. Thanks to Evening Jewel and It's Tea Time my exacta wager paid handsomely. I also neglected to change my blog picks on the Santa Anita Derby. But when I bet I threw out Caracortado and added Sidney's Candy in my exacta. That worked out okay, too.

No comments: