Monday, January 4, 2010

One night last week I was kept awake by the noise of my neighbor's wind chimes. They were really loud. Finally, about 3 a.m., I went outside and filled the chimes with shredded paper towels. Worked like a charm.

Last night I dreamt I was being kept awake by the wind chimes. Is there anything weirder than dreaming you can't sleep?
Anyway, in the dream I went outside to do the paper towel thing again and was surprised to discover two feet of snow on the ground. It was vivid enough that this morning when I awoke I was surprised there was no snow.
_____________________________________________________

I am now on Facebook. I promise to check it at least once every three weeks.
I have lots and lots of friends already. I must be really cool. But why do they all want me to help their deposed Nigerian uncles?
_____________________________________________________
I am winning the football bowl contest at work. Good for me.
I have a substantial lead. I don't know all the possible scenarios or what it would take for me to lose, but I think I'll probably win. It isn't a lot of money but it beats losing, and bragging rights are priceless.

3 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Sure beats finishing last in your fantasy football league like I did.

Brian said...

Hey...I'm winning my jackpot at work too. I have a tie locked up...just need to win one of thew last two bowls or have the guy behind me miss one.

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

One of these days that snow won't be a dream.