Sunday, November 8, 2009

I played golf at Covered Bridge today. I hadn't touched my clubs since a scramble in August, and I had not played my own ball since July. If my gambling success swelled my ego then I guess golf was the perfect remedy. I shot a 46-49, and that was with pretty good putting.

Actually, I was quite happy with it. My driver and irons were the same as they were months ago- lousy- and my putting was fine. The only part of my game that stunk was my chipping and wedges from 30-80 yards or so. I actually struck those shots okay but my distances were off. Unsurprising, I guess.

Before I left this morning I placed one bet on a horse race- just in case I was still lucky.
I wasn't. My 3-horse exacta box ran 2nd, 3rd, and last. Still, I think I was right to try it. I'd hate to still "be walking around lucky and not even know it."

No comments: