Saturday, October 17, 2009

Wooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!

I'm very happy about Kentucky's win. It was huge. Huge. Huge. It means a lot for the program. More than even the players realize, probably.

Kentucky had every reason to fail and found a way to win. That was great.

On my way home I heard a statistic that astounded me. Kentucky's 3 starting linebackers had 38 tackles. That's phenomenal. Wow.

And:
Why does Steve Ortmeyer still have a job? How many blocked kicks does it take to lose the special teams coaching job? At least his return team players haven't run into the punter every other time like the last 2 years, but UK's special teams blockers still suck.

Kentucky puts the 'special' in special teams. That unit rides the short bus to school and licks the windows.

I have high expectations. The QB situation is still very up in the air, but tonight Cobb and Locke proved conclusively that the Wildcats have 2 absolute SEC offensive stars, which is 1 more than Kentucky's ever had in my lifetime. Don't ask me to explain the math, but 2 stars make the offense about 5 times more effective than 1.

The Cats' 3-3 record looks awfully good with the schedule they have remaining. I now expect 7 wins, with a strong possibility of 8.
Plus I'm 4-0 vs the spread (I think my 4 picks are a total of 15 points off) this year and 4-0 picking straight winners. Not bad. And my overall game scenarios have been pretty spot-on as well.

No comments: