Sunday, September 27, 2009

If I Was 6, This Would Have Been The Best Day Of My Life!

Yesterday morning I walked over to watch the inflating of the balloons. I didn't see much- I think they started a little late because of the weather.
Then this morning as I was reading the news I kept hearing a funny noise and couldn't figure out what it was. I finally realized it was hot air balloons. I stepped out to my porch with my camera and watched for awhile. They passed quite close as they were coming in to land.

This afternoon I took a walk at the zoo. Most of the animals were active- even the lions were walking around (watching the zebras and the little kids. It must be like living at a Sbarro but never getting to eat pizza).
The camels were actually the highlight of the zoo trip. They were right up next to the fence, eating leaves off the trees and chewing up the fence rails. Since they are usually lying down I tend to forget how big they actually are (very big) and how long their necks are (very long).

No comments: