Monday, July 13, 2009

The birthday festivities finally ended yesterday with baked Alaska.

(Darn it. I asked for an image of baked Alaska and my graphics department gave me half-baked Alaska.)

As usual, it was fantastic. Still my absolute favorite. Thanks, Mom.

_______________
Softball Sunday: We won both games of a doubleheader. I hit well in the first game, which was a close win, and poorly in the 2nd, which was a blowout. So I'm okay with that.

I also took a ground ball too my wrist, which is now a pretty shade of purple. I get hit in the wrist at least twice a year. Apart from the face and crotch, the wrist is by far my least favorite spot to be hit. It's always in the same spot, right below (above? whatever) my palm, and it always smarts.
It was still an out, but I'm not sure how. The baserunner must have been loafing. The ball bounced about 10 feet in the air after it hit me, and the shortstop caught it and threw to 2nd for a force out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

See you need to take that course to prevent injuries and accidents.
QMM

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

Oh, how the "half-baked Alaska" started my day with a laugh. Thanks, Kevin. I needed that!