Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Softball bad news/good news

Bad news: another loss, we were still without 4 starters, I hit terribly, terribly, terribly.

Good news: hey, as David Benioff wrote in "City of Thieves," just because there's bad news, that doesn't mean there is good news.

Okay, in this case I think there is good news. I just realized in the last few days that I move, and specifically pivot, like an old man. I'm not in awful shape, thanks to my exercise bike and walking, but I have no back flexibility and lately I have some back pain. (That's the GOOD news?)

That is good news because I realized the reason for it is a desk job, too much time in the recliner, and bad posture when I'm sitting. I can't do much about the amount of time spent sitting at work, but I can improve my posture there. I can stay out of the recliner, and I can work on flexibility.

I think it will pay some dividends, and probably quickly. I hit great on Sundays- the day I don't sit at my desk all day at work, and am usually most active and therefore limber in the evening. Tuesdays and Wednesdays have stunk.

We'll see.

1 comment:

Mark said...

My posture sucks at work, and I think my back is degenerating.