Thursday, June 18, 2009

Many months ago, my company renewed our major contract. It was a big deal, especially because it was a 4 year commitment. Displaying all the style and class of most major corporations, the company celebrated by giving us all cheesey red tee shirts that said 'FOUR MORE YEARS!' on the back.

My shirt was quickly deposited in a desk drawer and forgotten until I saw it again today.

My boss is an avid UofL football fan and season-ticket holder. Like many UofL football fans, she wishes Coach Kragthorpe gone. She thinks he's ruining the program.

So I made a little suggestion and donated the shirt, my friend Debbie provided the artistic effort, and then we hung the shirt over the the boss's desk, with "KRAGTHORPE" written jersey-style across the top, above "FOUR MORE YEARS!"

It was nifty. Unfortunately, I didn't have a camera. I should have saved the idea until tomorrow.

She tried very hard to discover who had left her such a thoughtful present, but nobody ratted us out. I said I thought Tom Jurich might have delivered the shirt personally, but I wasn't sure.

3 comments:

Brian said...

well done

Mark said...

Hah hah! Our office once had a manager who was a U of L fan, and one of the supervisors under him was a big IU fan. This was when our office was on the 11th floor. One day, the manager paid one of the window washers $5 to put a U of L sticker in the middle of the supervisor's office window.

Bad Bob said...

Well played! I love practical jokes that cause no harm. And, I have always found it amazing what companies spend money on to give employees.