Friday, May 15, 2009

Preakness Prediction

*1st- this week's softball for my entourage: 7:10 Tuesday, 9:15 Wednesday.

And on to the racing..

After a fun family meal at the Comeback Inn, and with my belly full of puttanesca, I have just enough energy to sit in the recliner and make a Preakness pick.

My top pick is Pioneerof the Nile.

I'm going to do what I should have done in the Derby: Pioneerof the Nile across the board, and in an exacta box with 'all'.

Rachel Alexandra looks like a great horse, but she has a lot to prove at her likely odds of less than 2-1. Winning by 20 sloppy lengths in the Oaks doesn't mean she's the female Secretariat, but I think she'll be bet like she is.

Mine That Bird will probably run a good race. I expect a top-5 finish.
I don't care for Friesan Fire.
Musket Man looks pretty good, but not as good as my pick.

So I'll make my bet, hope Bob Baffert is right about his horse, and hope that if Rachel Alexandra really is a superhorse, maybe mine will at least run 2nd.

No comments: