Sunday, May 10, 2009

As an apartment dweller I receive more than my fair share of misdirected mail. At my current address I have received junk mail addressed to at least six different names. My box has received greeting cards and invitations ( I think they were invitations based on the shape) addressed to former residents, and until yesterday I would never dream of opening any of it. I just left the mail and a 'wrong address' note for the postal carrier.

I once received mail from the chaplain at a state prison. It was addressed to a woman. I was very, very curious, but I just wrote 'not at this address' and put it back in the box.

Yesterday, though, I received a letter for "The Love Club" at my address. I couldn't resist. After all, if The Love Club is going on right under my nose while I am watching Seinfeld reruns, I think I should know about it.

Drat it all, though, the missive was from a collection agency. And I'll be darned if I'm going to pay The Love Club's bills if I'm not having any of the fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kevin, your photos are great. After learning the big boo boo I made, I took a good look at your blog and the narrative is perfect. My son told me what I needed to do. I have learned what little I know from following yours, Brian and Mark and your Mom and Dad.