Thursday, April 2, 2009

State of Affairs was interesting today. They spent the hour recalling the '74 tornadoes (best team in the North American Soccer League! Yaaaaay! Oh, sorry, different Tornadoes).

The only thing new that I learned was that there was also an earthquake (4.5) that day. I never knew that.

Your assignment today, class, is to write your recollections of April 3, 1974.
I'll get the ball rolling:

I'm not sure I remember a darned thing. I do recall hunkering down on blankets in the basement, listening to the radio. I even remember what the radio looked like, and the blankets. But I'm fairly sure that memory is a compilation of several- for I believe we went to the basement for multiple storm warnings, so I'm not sure if any of my memory is from that actual day.

_____________
I heard several stories today about the debut of Kentucky Derby Barbie.

I must be maturing, because it wasn't until the second time I heard it that I thought of selling Infield Barbie, complete with grass-stained shorts and removable tee-shirt, and of course a little sorority tattoo on her ankle.

1 comment:

Mary Lynn's Blog said...

On my blog I wrote I don't remember Us hunkering down during the 4/3/ tornado, but it stands to reason whenever we went to the basement during a storm, we'd have gotten on blankets, for comfort, because the basement was unfinished. So you're probably right.