Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Whew, I'm Sure Glad No One Is Making Too Big A Deal Of This Whole Thing


Now that Coach Cal is finally backstage prepping for his initial public appearance as a Wildcat, I can only say I'm glad this didn't get out of hand.

I worried about a loss of perspective when the Memphis newspaper's online site crashed, but I'm sure it was just a glitch.

I thought it might get blown out of proportion when reporters were tracking Calipari to the donut shop, but it all worked out.

I then feared some people might soon go too far when his convoy was tailed to the airport, but my fears were apparently groundless.

I'm sure the thousands of Kentuckians who will skip work to attend a basketball coach's press conference will behave in a way which reflects their sane, well-balanced lives.

So I don't know what I was worried about.

1 comment:

Brian said...

But if Governor What's-His-Name declares tomorrow a state holiday in honor of the hiring of Coach Jonathan Calipari, it wouldn't be THAT crazy to attend. Would it?