Friday, February 13, 2009

My preliminary NCAA prognostications

Thanks to the smack-down from Notre Dame last night, Louisville is now the third top 10 team I have eliminated from the Final Four. They join Wake Forest and Duke.

My hard-and-fast rule, to which I've adhered religiously for, umm, the last 3 or 4 hours, is that any team that loses by 30 points in February or later will not make the Final Four. I have absolutely no research to back me up, but I can't see a long tournament run for any team capable of being flattened like that.

While watching the game this Homer Simpson quote kept going through my mind: "No, I do not know what Schadenfreude is. Please tell me, because I'm dying to know!"

I didn't see much of the 2nd half, though, because I refuse to miss My Name Is Earl. Good thing, too, because that little dog running into the pole was the funniest thing I've seen in a long, long time. I'm about to watch it again on NBC.com.

No comments: