Wednesday, February 25, 2009

"The moons of Saturn got in my eyes"

First football, now basketball. This is frustrating.

UK's football team had more talent and depth than they'd had in 30 years. But they had no idea how to throw and catch a ball. No QB and no receivers pretty much negated all the other positions.

Now I get to spend the year watching a baketball team that has size and quickness, and shooting ability but, again, nobody who can throw or catch.

I hope they've studied Lucy Van Pelt's excuses for missing fly balls. "The moons of Saturn got in my eyes," is a good one. So is "I think there were toxic substances coming from my glove, and they made me dizzy."

Actually, I think the basketball team's problems lie more in the direction of errant throws than missed catches. But still, the quotes are funny.


"Did you see that fly ball? I don't want to be out there alone when it comes down."
"When the sun reflects off the bright yellow dandelions, I can't see the ball. "
"I missed it, but the ground caught it! Nice catch, ground! You're doing a good job!"
"I thought I had it, then I remember all those other balls I missed. The past got in my eyes."

I'm not sure which is worse, watching Michael Porter try to protect the ball against a quick opponent or watching Liggins float passes off into the ether.

No comments: