Sunday, January 4, 2009

Golf Goody Bag

On Christmas night I came home and found a few things by the front door. They were odds and ends that were still in Lena's apartment which she had dropped off.

One item was an old golf bag cover which was filled with golf balls, tees, ball markers, etc.

I didn't recognize it, though. When I looked inside I noticed a bag tag from a 1992 St. X golf outing. I didn't recall playing in any St. X. golf outings. Also, though I don't know what the entry fee that year may have been, I'm fairly certain that in 1992 I couldn't have afforded it. Apparently the bag was left in the apartment by a prior tenant.

The bag lay in a corner until last night, when I dumped it out to see what else was in there. Not a bad haul, overall. The four metal divot fixers were an outstanding find. One has a St. Xavier logo. Pretty cool.


Also, there was 84 cents, 17 balls, a bunch of tees, spikes, a range finder, a shoe brush, and a shoe tool. Plus a UofL bag tag, which was enough to convince me the stuff wasn't mine.

There's a disposable camera with 11 pictures left on it. I'm thinking about seeing if I can get it developed. Maybe I'll recognize someone if they're from St. X.



Since I was pointing the camera at this little (night stand? dresser? chest of drawers?) thing, I decided to flip it around and get a photo of the back to post. It says "Julie and Dad painted the basement," or maybe "Julie, Dad painted the basement."
In the days before sticky notes were invented, Wagners evidently used graffiti to warn of wet paint. The peace sign is an especially nice touch.

2 comments:

Bad Bob said...

Finding coins on your front porch! Wow! And to think Mark and Brian stand for hours out in the cold with those silly headphones on, stooping, digging, getting muddy just to do the same thing. Those Chumps!

Brian said...

nah...that's just the crap I found while detecting at River Road CC and decided to leave it on Kevin's porch. I forgot the change was in there.