Friday, November 7, 2008

Um, nice start, Sir.

Well, it could have been worse, I guess. At least he didn't say anything really dumb in his first post-election press conference.

I mean, it's not like he ridiculed the wife of one of the most popular (for some reason I've yet to figure out) presidents in American history. That would have been bad. It would have been even worse if she'd been frail, in poor health, and recently in the news after suffering a debilitating and sympathy-invoking injury, such as a fractured pelvis.

A joke about someone like that would have been pretty bad. It's a good thing he didn't say something like that.

________________________________________________________

Moving on to the important stuff.

I feel pretty good about the UK-Georgia game tomorrow.

Sure, Georgia could win by 40. But I think I have a few good reasons for feeling optimistic:
*Georgia may be looking to take out some frustration after their loss last week. But I think it's more likely that they're a little down after seeing their title hopes dashed.
*Kentucky's now-healthy (for the most part) front seven on defense can definitely hang with Georgia's offense.
*Teams generally show their greatest improvement between the first and second games of the year. Though it's mid-season, it is also Cobb's 2nd start at QB. I think this means the offense might show improvement. I won't predict that for certain, of course, because that would be incredibly dumb.

3 comments:

Brian said...

I thought it was funny. If you can't poke fun at frail former first ladies who invoke spirits, at whom can you poke fun.

Mark said...

I don't get the reference. I also didn' see or hear the news conference. Who poke fun at...I'm guessing Nancy Reagan...when?

Mark said...

Oh. I found it. I'll just hope that's as bad as it gets; if it is, it will be an improvement over the norm.