Friday, November 21, 2008

The conversation on "Talk of the Nation" today was about the the auto industry. They talked a lot about plug-in electric cars.

I couldn't help but wonder how Louisville would have coped with September's power outage if all the cars had no juice.

And I'm still depressed by the stubborn insistence on sticking with personal vehicles.

Leaving aside the environmental concerns, I still just can't fathom the reason for the reluctance to embrace mass transit. The many millions of drivers in this country spend such vast amounts of money on vehicle insurance that it boggles my mind. This is all basically just wasted money. Plus fuel, parking, maintenance, etc. And fuzzy dice.

1 comment:

Brian said...

If there was a rail system from J-Town to downtown, that would be sweet. I would save at least 4 gallons of gas a week just going to work, $120+ a month on car insurance, $30 every 3 months on oil changes and I would be able to get so much more reading done. Bottom line...mass transit= brainier Brian = finally being able to get past the ig-no-ra-moose on the tee game at the Cracker Barrell.